Located in Birmingham, Gateway offers a variety of counseling, educational classes, and workshops. These include services for pre-purchase, financial management, budgeting, credit, home improvement, rehabilitation, delinquency (resolution and prevention), default resolution, foreclosure prevention, post-purchase, predatory lending education, rental housing, reverse mortgage, and homeless services. Gateway is an HUD-approved agency, which means that it has met and maintained specified conditions that the HUD specifies.
There is a fee associated with some of Gateway’s services; however, the amount owed depends on household income, and payment is not required if an individual cannot afford it. Some services, such as foreclosure prevention, are always free.
- Contact Info:
- Website: www.gway.org
- Phone: 205-510-2600
- 1401 20th Street South
- Birmingham, Alabama 35205-4913
Other housing education and counseling agencies in Alabama:
- Alabama Council on Human Relations, Inc
- Birmingham Urban League
- NACA Alabama
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Birmingham, Inc.
- Operation Hope Birmingham
- United Way of Central Alabama, Inc
- Community Action Partnership of North Alabama
- Community Action Agency of Northwest Alabama
- Community Action Partnership of Huntsville, Madison, & Limestone Counties
- Family Services Center
- Walker County Community Action Agency
- NID Housing Counseling Agency Alabama
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service
- Legal Services Alabama Inc
- Housing Authority of The City of Prichard
- Community Service Programs of West Alabama, Inc
To search for programs in a different state, click here.